I woke up really early today. I anticipated of doing great things today, but why did I feel so down when I woke up? It’s like “I don’t want this? Why is it here?”
Instead of sulking and continue feeling down, I decided to make another installment of my Thankful For entries. This is only the second post, I believe.
“Sometimes you just have to stop finding answers and just live up to the questions leading to the answers one day at a time. Maybe then, all will fall into place.” – Dr. Gia Sison
Today, I am thankful for…
- The gloomy weather. It makes my sleep quality a lot better than usual.
- My father. For always doing most of the household chores whenever possible (whenever he’s home), because I don’t have time to do anything anymore because of my work.
- My boyfriend. For keeping up with my dramatic ass self and not giving up on me.
- My friend, Jesper. For always listening to me anytime of the day whenever I need someone to talk to.
- My brother, Ed. We may argue a lot, but I am thankful he’s there for me when I needed someone to drive for me to go somewhere or whenever I ask for a roadtrip without asking why, for always making me laugh, for adjusting to my mood swings, for understanding the current situation, and for being a shoulder I can rely on when I feel like the world is too heavy for me.
Sometimes, life is just too much to handle for all of us. I guess we just need the right outlet, the right people, to open up to. I know opening up is not easy, I should know because I’ve been there myself; where you just want to keep everything to yourself and not drag everyone down with you.
My father once told me to talk about the things that bother me and not let it all bottle up inside me. He said it’s not always gonna end up good. There are people who are always willing to listen, just open up. Talking about the things that weighs you down helps you to feel better.
I’m gonna end this post with a quote from Ismaha Aden that I found on Twitter…
One day you will be okay. You will be better than okay actually.