What is your ideal man? A friend asked me, for a question like this, it needs a detailed explanation, which is something I am not very good at but I’ll still try. I’ve been thinking about it lately but somehow I get to realize these things:
Each woman has her own ‘handsomeness’ criteria when it comes to choosing the one. Some base their criteria on what they observed from their father and some from a fictional character. But then human beings are not perfect – like what’s stated on a fantasy stories.
Yes, we are not perfect. We only need someone to accept us despite our flaws. But then, as a human being we can’t keep ourselves dreaming for what we want. So now I’m going to show you the characteristics of My Ideal Man.
- Handsome – honestly, women are just like men too, we are all visual lovers.
- Tall – because I’m tall and I want someone taller than me. To give me a piggy-back ride hahhaha!
- Hygienic – we all know why.
- Has a sexy push back hair – because hair is the crowning glory of men and women.
- No Beard – I just don’t like it. It’s not neat for me.
- God Fearing – this is the first thing (obviously) hahha. Because when a man fears God he has the complete package of all the positive attitude that girls love the most. It is the most crucial factor for me because I was raised with a Christ-centered family. If he doesn’t have a relationship with God, then we cannot have one either (as simple as that Hahaha!). Because when God is the center of the relationship you two can conquer all the challenges of life.
- Has sense of humor – “if a man is bad at joking, he is probably bad at everything” – bright side. An ideal person put the needs of the other first and strives to bring joy to the people around him every single day.
- Honest and Loyal – maybe because I want to guarantee that we are not playing with each other’s feelings and must be able to tell every problem so that it can be solved easily.
- Can play any musical instrument – ’cause I love music. For example, we’re having a fight, after throwing hurtful words to each other. I’d love to reconcile with him by playing music because music has the ability to change our mood easily! (Advanced thinker! HAHAH!)
- A pet lover – if a man loves pet he’ll probably be able to take good care of our kids and me. Also, you can see through a man’s feelings if he’s caring, loving and more. I don’t remember where I read about this.
- Matured – ’cause a mature man can lower his pride for the good of all, aren’t naive and take commitment seriously. Think things before saying it – if his word could hurt someone’s feelings. Matured enough in a way that he doesn’t try to control me and has a sense of responsibility.
- Savvy when it comes to money – you know why when you already read my 2nd blog post! Because thrifty people give the impression of having great self-control and practicality. Not all women appreciate things such as flowers just like meee because it’s just a waste of money.
- No vices – a big NONONO! I don’t like someone who smoke, gamble and anything that may affect his health and mental well-being.
As you can see Appearance is less than Personality because beauty attracts the eyes but personality captures the heart. And we shouldn’t judge the book by its cover.
When human see chimpanzees and tigers, we just see chimpanzees and tigers. It’s hard for us to pick out a better looking chimpanzee or a better looking tiger. In my eyes humans are the same. They are all the same.
My ideal man may seem perfect, unrealistic and demanding but I do believe someone like him is out there (THINK POSITIVE!). I just have to have the patience and trust in God and wait for him in the right time. I do not want to settle for anything less because I will eventually become unhappy and miserable. My happiness is my main priority!
Another thing is that you’re completely comfortable around each other and don’t need to pretend to be anyone else. You accept each other for who you are and contented of it. But always remember, all of this qualities or characteristics do not really matter if God already decided the man that is good for you.
How about you? What’s your ideal man?
Do you believe that someone is already reserved for you in God’s perfect timing?