Happy New Year, everyone! I hope this new year will bring happiness and blessings to all of us. I’ve been really conscious about my finances lately and I wanted to step up my frugal game, that’s why I thought this challenge would be good to try.
No spend challenges are great for recognizing how much we spend on stuff we don’t actually need, but also how little value some of the non-essentials we do spend on actually brings us. For those who don’t know, no spend means nothing non-essential. You pay your bills of course, gas for your car (if you have one), and groceries. Non-essentials are fast food, alcohol, clothes, etc.
To keep up with this challenge, here are the things I plan to do:
- Grocery shopping once a week, if possible.
- Plan our meals – I plan to make meal plans every Sunday so I know what to buy when I go for grocery shopping.
- Grocery list – never go grocery shopping without a list to avoid impulsive buying.
- No eating out or no more fast food.
- No junk foods.
- No sodas and alcohol. I don’t even drink alcohol in the first place. 😀
- No clothes shopping.
- No spontaneous trips.
- Say no to invitations that requires me to spend money in any way.
Obviously there are a lot more, but that’s all I can think of right now. This challenge isn’t about perfection. It’s about awareness and accountability.
Are you willing to take on this challenge? Let me know what you think below.