To start anew is what I had in mind when I started this blog. Letting go of negative things in my life, in my mind, and in our house. I know for a fact that I can’t easily do that, but doing something about it makes you closer to your goal, am I right?
I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and I saw a post that reminded me to declutter our house. Our house is so small and over the years, we accumulated more and more crap that I know for sure some of them we don’t even need. Our house feels crowded and I want to change that. I keep planning and planning of things to do about it in my head but never actually did anything about it. Yeah, it happens.
I don’t consider myself a minimalist, but I can be if I really want to. It’s really nice to live with less. Easier and lighter, both mentally and financially. But having a big family like mine? Becoming a minimalist is a dream. Well, if I live on my own, I can be what I want to be. Sooooon!
If you are thinking of decluttering some things at your own home, you might want to start with these eight easy things to declutter right now.
- DVDs — this one is easy. We don’t have any DVDs anymore.
- Dried out markers/pens — I have to go through my siblings stuffs’ first, because I know for sure they have a lot of dried out markers and pens.
- Expired food — thankfully, we don’t have any expired food. We don’t get much leftover food at home. If we do, we usually share it to our neighbors. This is one of the nicest thing I like about being Filipino, we don’t mind giving and receiving anything from our neighbors/friends.
- Socks without a match — will definitely have a lot to of this to get rid of. I don’t know where the other pairs go.
- Magazines — I used to collect magazines (especially when I was still maintaining my beauty and fashion blog), but not anymore and I got rid of them a long time ago.
- Books you’ll never read again — oh boy! This one is probably hard. I love my books. And I still have a lot of them that I haven’t read. But will definitely see which one I’m willing to give up. I will either give them away or sell them online.
- Old receipts — man, I have a lot of this! They can be seen everywhere in the house. I don’t know why but I feel like I can’t just throw them away. I keep thinking that I might need them for future use.
- Extra coat hangers — we don’t have any of this, so this one is also easy! 😀
Are you a minimalist or want to be one? Do you find this easy? Tell me what you think.