We all wear masks from time to time to hide the real us – in our habits, words and practices. Some people hide their true self to be accepted by the society, but as Sarah Peck said
“It’s not terrible to have masks, but they can’t be our only way of dealing with the world. If we spend the entire time warding off the world and hiding from ourselves, we’ll miss the best parts.”
Because by hiding from the world, we hide ourselves, and we lose a piece of our souls.
- I treat others the way I want to be treated. Because what you give is what you receive. In other words respect people as you wish to be respected. Believes, culture, status and whatsoever about you doesn’t matter as long as you follow the golden rule of life.
- I believe that everyone has different opinions. We shouldn’t be self-centered because the world does not only revolve around you.
- I’d love to have my own bedroom with a good mattress. To have my so called “privacy” hahaha. My back aches at night and I couldn’t sleep that much because of it, and I believe a good mattress will be a big relief for me.
- I don’t like it when people don’t listen to my side of the story. Judging me without facts. Judging me according to the rumors they heard.
- I prefer respecting all living beings around us. Well, not just humans also plants especially animals.
- I’m savvy when it comes to money. Others may call it “tihik” (thrifty), Well, I don’t care. I just believe that money must be spent well so that when the time of need comes, I can buy anything needed.
- I treasure friendship a lot. That’s why when someone turn their back on me I get disappointed because when they needed me, I’m always there but when I’m the one who’s in need, only few out of many is there.
- I’d love to learn how to play any musical instruments, especially piano. I find someone who can play a piano (or any instruments) is damn attractive. I love music and I like to jam with my friends. It really is a good time killer and a mood-booster!
- I don’t want to leave or to be disturb when my job is not done. I want everything finished beforehand.
- I don’t want to open up to others about my problems. It’s my problem so I am the only who can solve it (that’s my mindset). Maybe because I hate people pitying on me. And also it’s my problem the world doesn’t need to know about it.
What about you? What masks are you wearing?
Do you prefer being open to the world about your true self or keep it to your own?